Thursday, November 1, 2012

Skinny Tortilla Soup

Soup is one of my all time favorite meals when the cooler weather hits.  I could eat soup daily.  I don't know if it's the soup I love or the crusty bread and butter that goes with it (or grilled cheese!)  I think it is the combo of both I just can't get enough of.  I have been craving this soup since fall arrived!  It is my all time favorite and it is souper easy to make!!  I am not sure where I got the recipe from, I think it may be a Weight Watcher recipe.  The greatest thing about it is that most of the ingredients are already in my pantry, or freezer. 








The recipe calls for tomatoes, garlic and lime juice.  This can be substituted for a jar of salsa but let me tell you that the fresh garlic and lime make the soup taste fresh!  Also, it says to cook in the Deep Covered Baker.  This is one of my favorite Pampered Chef products (I am a consultant :), contact me for info)  This can just be done in a stock pot.  Simply cook the chicken prior to adding the rest of the ingredients.  The seasonings are Pampered Chef as well.  I am sure you can substitute any southwest or taco seasoning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment