Monday, October 29, 2012

Sausage Pancake Muffins

Today was a day of a lot of firsts for me.  My plan was to make my favorite chicken tortilla soup for dinner but realized I was out of chicken stock and I needed to cook black beans.  Both of which are time consuming.  I have been planning on making stock for the first time but wasn't able to make it in time for dinner.  So, I decided on a  quick dinner before soccer practice.  Breakfast.  My mom told me about a friend of hers making these cute little muffins so I thought I would try them.  I used my favorite buttermilk pancake recipe from www.realmomkitchen.com and Bob Evans sausage.  My kids LOVED these.  Wait a minute... I LOVED these too!!  Pancakes done all at the same time!  Now I can eat with the rest of my family instead of eating and flipping.  I made mine plain as I don't like sausage but I would love them with bacon.  Almost like a McGriddle.  YUM!



Sausage Pancake Muffins

2 C. all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
2 C. well shaken buttermilk
1/4 C. vegetable oil

Precooked  sausage or bacon

Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease muffin tin.  Mix all dry ingredients in bowl.  In separate bowl mix eggs, oil and buttermilk.  Add wet to dry ingredients and mix till incorporated.  Don't over mix.  Batter will be slightly lumpy.
Fill the muffin tins half way with pancake mix.  Spoon a small amount of cooked sausage on top of the pancake mix.  Bake for 15 min.  Serve with syrup  

~this recipe made 12 regular muffins and 24 mini muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment